Sunday, 9 March 2014

Pretty Woman, Impeccable Style

I LOVE Julia Roberts' style in Pretty Woman. It's classic and glamorous and her voluminous auburn hair makes her look so natural. It's an elegant combination. Now, I'm a firm believer that music takes every situation to the next level (in a good way). So that being said, this blog post is best enjoyed read along to Go West's "The King of Wishful Thinking" the signature song from the movie. Turn it up real loud and pretend it's 1990. That's the year Pretty Woman hit theatres. Somehow it wasn't until February 2014 that I actually saw it, and boy am I ever glad that I did - Julia Robert's style is truly note-worthy! I loved seeing her transformation from call girl to glamour girl. I did love her pre-makeover blonde bob though. I thought it was very chic.



Once Julia's character, Vivian, meets Edward (Richard Gere), the bob disappears and it's all designer, designer, designer!!!








Side note - Did anyone else notice that Vivian's outfit was white and blue and not pink and black like in the movie poster? The pink definitely stands out more than the blue, so I can see why they used the pink. I wonder why they went with white and blue for the film?




No comments: